Brand new hotel near the beach : The Bene Hotel Kuta
January 13, 2015 – 9:00 am by bliss in Yummy!
The Balinese seafood recipe on this post is called The Pearl of the Bali’s Sea which is one of Pencar Seafood and Grill’s signature dishes. It is from their daily catch that made the taste of the seafood fresh, a combination of Balinese seafood including grilled rock lobster, char-grilled river prawn, blackened seared tunaloin, baked whole baby fish and squids, served with sambal and traditional Indonesian fried rice and sauteed vegetables.
At Pencar Seafood and Grill, The Pearl of the Bali’s Sea is the favorite choice of honeymoon couples and families. So, it is a great dish if you plan to cook for your partner or your family for a normal dinner or special occasion.
This recipe serves 2
What are the ingredients of the Balinese seafood:
400 gr fresh baby lobster
100 gr river prawn
80 gr tuna fillet
400 gr baby snapper
100 gr calamari
15 gr Lea & Perrins sauce
35 gr lime juice
15 gr salt
2 gr pepper
45 gr seafood marination (see below ingredients and cooking method)
40 gr mixed lettuce – for garnish
What are the ingredients of the fish marination:
200 gr bumbu genep
100 gr sambal ulek/tomato chili sambal
100 gr tomato ketchup
50 gr chili sauce
40 gr chopped garlic
50 gr coconut oil/vegetables oil
25 gr salt
10 gr pepper
How to cook the fish marination:
- Heat coconut oil into a sauce pan, add chopped garlic saute until golden brown
- Pouring bumbu genep and sambal ulek bring to boil, add tomato ketchup and chili sauce stir nicely and simmer for a bout 10 minutes
- Add salt and pepper stir nicely while check the taste
You can enjoy your Balinese seafood with there side dishes:
- Vegetable fried rice or steam white rice
- Sauteed vegetables: julienne green capsicum,red capsicum,carrot and green zucchini
- Sauce: sambal matah, rajang oil sauce, chili ginger soya sauce
How to cook the Balinese Seafood:
- Cut seafood wash nicely on running water
- Marinate seafood with salt, pepper, Lea & Perrins sauce and lime juice
- Grill seafood grill about 5 -7 minutes, turning seafood and spread with seafood marination each side then grill until seafood are properly cooked, as well as the other side.
- Serve on a serving plate garnished with sliced lime and fresh herbs. Serve the seafood with the side dish.
Do you find this blog useful? If you do, click SUBSCRIBE to be the first one who get the latest blog post!
If you! want to stop receiving the updates in the future, you can unsubscribe at anytime.
January 5, 2015 – 10:00 am by bliss in Happening
(Tourists/expats carrying Ogoh ogoh for the festival the day before Nyepi, Photo: pinterest.com)
Every year, there are always many events and festivals happening in Bali, from the religious ones to the modern ones. Some people come to Bali not only to see the nature, experience the culture, but also to see and attend some festivals that happen only once a year. There are festivals that happen regularly, there are also festivals happen only once.. Here are events and festival in Bali in 2015:
December 29, 2014 – 10:08 am by bliss in Relax
Bali is not only the place to chill on the beach and get your skin tanned or explore the mesmerizing nature and temples, it is also one of the spa retreat destinations in the world. Many people come to Bali only to have spa retreats. While enjoying your Bali holiday, having spa treatments is one of many things you don’t want to miss to do in Bali to complete your summer or winter vacation. Many spas offer various kinds of treatments from common body massage to the special ones. Vacationers have their own preferences when it’s come to spoil their body with spa treatments, because it’s involving their body and mind. This is one of the reasons why spas create special treatments to satisfy their customers, and many of the treatments are definitely should be on your Bali bucket list. So, what are spa treatments that you don’t want to miss in Bali?
Here are 5 Spa treatments that are great for your Bali Holiday: